Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Jillian is kickin' my butt!


So for all of you who watch 'Biggest Loser' you've gotten to know Bob and Jillian and seen how tough and intense they can be. Well, now Jillian is working me!


After Dylan was born I wanted to join a gym and lose the weight faster than I did with Kaylin (especially with my 10 year high school reunion coming up) but I didn't quite get around to signing up and then Tim lost his job so I didn't want to spend the money for that. I decided I would try some workout videos and work out at home instead and see if I made any progress.


I went online to see what was available and what people liked and "Jillian's 30 Day Shred" was listed top among many reviewers. Amazon had it rated 4 1/2 stars from 775 reviews! So I decided to check it out. I've done two days now and let me tell you, I can hardly move! (And I'm only at level 1 of 3.) She does a circuit type workout (20 minutes everyday) with cardio, strength and abs--and absolutely no resting or stopping! It's really tough! I am sore in every part of my body so I hope that this will get me back in shape (man am I out of shape!) and some weight lost. I'll let you know after 30 days where I'm at.


So if any of you are looking for a quick way to change your body, this may be just what you're looking for. But be forewarned--it's tough!

2 comments:

Mama Mote said...

I think you've convinced me. I started using a DVD today and could only do 15 min. I'm SOOOOOO out of shape. I really need to get back into shape, lose some pounds to take some weight off my knees. But I was proud that I actually got up today and did just those few minutes. Keep it up Allison.

Allison Brown said...

Good job Robbin! I hope you can keep it up, too--it's definitely a hard to keep going at, but so worth it!