Clara finally rolled from back to stomach tonight...i've been waiting about 5 months for this...but she did it!
And she will be 9 months tomorrow! My how time flies.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
These are my confessions...of what mommyhood [to three] is really like:
- I only see the inside of the shower at the most twice a week.
- Clara's lucky if she gets bathed once in two weeks (is that horrible or what!?)
- Laundry gets washed but rarely gets put away.
- The internet is my best friend.
- I have been nursing for 5 years now, in a row, without any break.
- I have gained 115 pounds with 3 pregnancies (I've lost 88).
- I weigh more than my husband.
- I really miss my old body.
- But my breasts are way better now (until I stop nursing and they deflate like balloons).
- I don't really like taking the kids to the park.
- I don't wash my face before bed anymore and I really have to push myself to brush my teeth--many times I don't. Don't bother asking if I floss. I don't.
- I have no original thoughts anymore. They're all borrowed. And they are definitely not deep. I'm too tired for that.
- I don't usually enjoy making meals for my family.
- I think I will always look 3 or 4 months pregnant.
- Sometimes I miss my life before kids.
- I look forward to my kids being grown but then I feel like they are growing up way too fast.
- I fear everyday that something bad will happen to one or all of them.
- My children are not allowed to eat things with too much sugar, but I am, and I do. A lot.
- What is effective discipline? I don't really know.
- I'm kinda making things up as I go with this whole parenting thing.
- I don't finish books anymore.
- I don't know how single parents do it. Tim does so much to help and I'm so thankful for everything he does.
- I have a zillion unfinished projects (and even more unstarted projects).
- I got really upset when my kids decided to give up naps.
- Sometimes I don't like my kids. And sometimes I play favorites.
- Even if I sometimes desperately want to run away, I will always love my kids way too much and so much more than they will ever know.
- My house always looks like a hurricane blew through.
- I spend 6 out of 7 days a week in my "lounge wear." I don't put on makeup anymore and I definitely don't do my hair. Or at least that's how it feels. Sorry, Tim.
Monday, June 20, 2011
Clara said "mama" yesterday, right on time for Father's Day! Hee hee.
She's been saying "mmm" for a while now, but never did fully say mama. Except yesterday, and it's been coming out a lot today! It's so much sweeter when it comes from her! I love it!
Sunday, June 19, 2011
and happy father's day to the father of my children!
I am also blessed to have a wonderful husband who is such a great father to our children. Thanks for all the diapers you have changed, owies you have kissed, piggyback rides you've given. Our kids adore you and so do I! You give so much of yourself and I am continually amazed at your selflessness. You serve your family and we are so blessed by all you do. Not to mention how well the kids eat with you around! :) I couldn't have hoped for a better person to raise our children!
I love you both!
Friday, June 3, 2011
Happy Birthday today to my beautiful girl! I can't believe how fast you are growing up; please slow down a bit! At times you already seem like such a young lady and I have to remind myself that you are still just a little girl and to enjoy this time with you. You are sweet and smart and such a great big sis! You make me proud to be your mommy. I hope you feel how special you are today (and everyday)! I love you!