Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Billy Joel

Went to see Billy Joel on Saturday with my mom and sister. It was a lot of fun! He is such a great performer and I'd been waiting a long time to see him in concert. He doesn't tour often, and only had two stops in California, so when I saw that he was coming to Oakland, which isn't that far away from Davis, I knew I had to go. My sister and mom are also big fans, so the three of us drove over while Tim watched Kaylin. It was so fun to get dressed up and not be in "mom mode" for a night. We had great seats (we decided the $$ was worth it--plus my mom chipped in for most of it), but I was so bummed because I didn't bring my camera in (they said they weren't permitted, but of course everyone else had them) and I couldn't find my cell phone, so I couldn't even get a picture on that. Oh well, I guess i'll always have the memory. Such fun!

Portrait shot after coming home.

5 comments:

Kate said...

isn't that wonderful to get out of mommy mode! glad you had fun!

Michelle said...

Fun! And you look soooo pretty in that last picture:).

Brianna Heldt said...

SO fun! i love billy joel...did he sing "we didn't start the fire"? gosh that song reminds me of the '80's!!! you look so pretty!

Allison Brown said...

It was really fun! He sung most of his popular songs, including "We didn't start the fire." That one definitely reminds me of the 80's. (Well, most of them do, which is probably why I like them so much.) My favorite though, was probably Piano Man--very last song, everyone waving their cell phones, etc.

Michelle said...

Hi! I'm a dork and I can't find your email address when you emailed me. I forgot to save it and it may have gotten deleted. I can send the photos today, just email me your address again!!