Sunday, November 4, 2007

Toys

So I've started thinking about toy ideas for Christmas and I wanted to get some feedback from other parents on what they recommend. I want to get some things she can use outdoors, that will keep her busy, like a play structure, sand/water table, or a sandbox. She loves water and slides and is finally liking sand, so I thought once the weather warms up a bit she can play in our backyard more. I think I will get two of the above mentioned items, but where I am stuck is (1)whether to get just a slide or a small play structure with a slide, and (2) whether to get a sandbox or a sand and water table. Does anyone have any experience with their kids really liking one over another, or one that they love playing with? Does that make sense? Also, any tips on specific brands and what works (is safe or not) would be great to know too. Thanks!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I'm not big into brands, so I can't help you out there. My girls have a plastic play structure with a slide and they really enjoy it. But I think that even more than that they would love a water table, where they could play with the water but not necessarily in the water. That would be my first choice for you. I wouldn't want a sand table, but a sandbox. The girls really enjoy that too. We just filled up a small kid pool with sand...its great. Good luck!

Michelle said...

We did the kiddy pool with sand also, a much less expensive way to have just as much fun. Maybe that combined with a water table. Just make sure you get the special sandbox sand from the store.

Kristen Borland said...

a sand/water table will quickly turn into a wet sand table. i don't like those. a slide is a great thing. my boys love those. we have just a sand box (that would be dry if it didn't get hit by the sprinklers every day).

yes, get the special sand, like from home depot. it's bigger grains, and cleaner, and we found it to be cheaper.

we love to play with water too sometimes, and i just fill up a big bucket or their little wheelbarrow.