Wednesday, April 29, 2009

6 months already?!

So Dylan turned 6 months on the 20th and I just can't believe it's going so fast. I guess with the second one that's just the way it goes.

So for his stats: 18lbs, 6 oz; 27 inches long. Pretty much 75th percentile all around, even his head. I think his growth is slowing and he's thinned out a bit--of course I attribute this to the distracted stage he's in everytime he nurses.

We started him on solid foods now that he's six months and I think he isn't too sure about it. He doesn't really know what to do with the food in his mouth, sometimes it just stays in there or it comes right back out. (I have a feeling he's going to be more of a mamma's milk kinda boy.) He does get some of it down but not much. He'll get more practice and hopefully like it more. He does love when Kaylin starts feeding him (even though he usually gags cause he's getting a spoon thrust into his mouth). He always starts cracking up and thinks it's a hoot. Pretty cute. And don't worry, i'm always supervising and she does pretty well.

He's sitting up okay, although he for some reason likes to lunge forward until he's on his tummy again, so he doesn't get much practice. I think it will be a little while still. He gets around a little by rolling everywhere and is working at getting his butt up in the air, although he doesn't know how to put his knees under himself, so crawling is still a ways away. (I'm glad.)

Overall, he's an easygoing kid that likes to take everything in (like whatever Kaylin's doing), loves being held and cuddled, smiles easily, but will only sleep if mom's holding him (sometimes dad, but not usually). So we're working on this because the poor guy doesn't get much sleep during the day (and I don't get a lot done). But he's definitely got my heart. :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It's totally going too fast!!! Can't wait to see you all on Saturday!