Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Goal as parents

I was browsing Focus on the Family's website a few days ago and I came across a statement about parenting that really struck me as absolutely true yet so simple, so I thought i'd share. It said that our children should know, without any doubt, that they are deeply loved and respected, that their welfare is our absolute highest priority, and that they don't rule either the universe or their family. It speaks to our basic needs and our children's, yet emphasizes the important fact that they (and their parents) are not the most important thing on the planet, yet are worthy of love--it's a delicate balance we must leave them with. It was a good reminder to me and I hope to all you parents out there, too.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks. That helps! Sometimes I wonder what our goal is with small kids besides loving them and keeping them from hurting themselves!