Saturday, May 28, 2011

30 Before Thirty

Okay, I'm probably starting this late, but I want to make a list of thirty things to do before I turn 30. And I want to be bold and say that I will be able to do all of them, but I also need to be realistic because I know myself and the stage of life I'm in and I cannot even keep my house clean or shower more than twice a week so am I really going to accomplish 30 things in three months? I will have to see how things go and I may change this to 30 while still thirty, so that I have a whole year.

So here goes, 30 before thirty: (in no particular order)




  1. Lose twenty pounds



  2. Dye my hair myself with hair dye from the store (maybe brown?)



  3. Cancel cable



  4. Learn to sew and/or complete one sewing project



  5. Teach Kaylin to read



  6. Run in a race (this still hasn't happened yet)



  7. Get Clara to sleep in her crib



  8. Get up at 6:30 on a regular basis



  9. Go to the gym at least three times a week (on a regular basis)



  10. Put up pictures on the walls in the house (I'm so afraid to put any nails/holes in the walls--it's so final!)



  11. Paint a picture on my large canvas that I bought years ago and put up in the kitchen



  12. Potty train Dylan



  13. Plant a vegetable garden



  14. Read through the Bible



  15. Refinish/repaint a piece of furniture



  16. Build something, with Tim's help



  17. Cook a gourmet meal from start to finish, without Tim's help



  18. Go on a trip with just Tim



  19. Get my nails done with Kaylin



  20. Write our will



  21. Spend a whole day playing with my kids without cleaning/using the computer/interruptions (and start doing this more)



  22. Complete the set up of my craft room/office



  23. Start redecorating Tim and I's bedroom



  24. Redecorate the kid's room



  25. Start serving at church



  26. Figure out a way to serve our community as a family and then start doing it



  27. Go on a hike as a family



  28. Take a family portrait

  29. Get portraits of Clara

  30. Visit SLO

Disclaimer: I have the right to change some of these items if I deem them too hard or very unlikely to happen. But I will try hard and cross things off as I go, as well as update on here. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

T.J. & Becca Wuth said...

I love, love, love all of these ambitions, except one. I LOVE YOUR BLOND HAIR!!! It is one of the things I have always thought so beautiful about you! Boo for dying such a gorgeous head of hair!! But if you do, I will love you anyway!

Melissa said...

I agree with the other comment. Most of the rest of us want to dye our hair to be your color...we pay good money to look naturally blonde. :) Of course I will love you anyway, too.

LOVE the goals...the sweet, the simple, the huge ones. I'm not sure I can survive a whole day without computer or cleaning. That's a good challenge! I could do it if we're not home, but that might be cheating.

xoxo said...

i am partial to #30! come visit :) miss you!!!