Thursday, August 30, 2007

Getting those creative juices flowin again!

So tonight I started my first day back at school! I'm taking an introductory graphics design class at one of the Sacramento city colleges to see if it'd be something I'd be interested in for a possible future career. I haven't been in school for two years, so it was definitely interesting being back in a classroom again. I've always had an interest in design and secretly wished I had gotten my degree in graphic design instead of English. It seems like such a fun, creative field that also has great potential for a career. I could work from home, which would be great, or I could even work just by contracting out. Of course, that's way down the line if I even choose to pursue this. It would be a really slow process too, since I would only take one night class a semester so that I wouldn't have to worry about getting care for Kaylin during the day. I figure it will take me about three years to finish the certificate program, but that would be alright because that's when Kaylin would just be starting school. I decided that I only want to stay home full time until the kids are in school, then I would like to work at least part-time. And this would be a great career because it has the potential for so much flexibility. I have to admit though, it's going to be hard to get out the habit of all things baby and get my mind working in a different way again. This class is going to demand a lot of creativity and my mind's a bit rusty since I don't get out much or have much interaction with people other than Tim and Kaylin. So this will be good for me. And it will give Tim and Kaylin more time together to bond, without mom around.