But here is my progress so far:
- Lose twenty pounds: I can't cross this off completely yet, but I am happy to say that I've lost almost ten pounds since I posted this. And that is without going to the gym (guess that answers #9). So another reason why nursing is a wonderful thing!
Dye my hair myself with hair dye from the store (maybe brown?)
- Cancel cable: Okay, I can't totally cross this one off either because I ended up downgrading instead of canceling. I just love the DVR too much to get rid of it completely right now. But because I called (initially) to cancel, they offered a package that is less than what we were paying before, but with better (and I think more) channels, like HGTV. (Oh how I love HGTV!)
Learn to sew and/or complete one sewing projectSo I can't call myself an expert by any means, but I did complete a small project and have been practicing more with sewing.
- Teach Kaylin to read: Another half cross off. She is definitely not reading even that much yet, but we did get about half way through this book and she can read a little bit, when she tries.
- Run in a race (this still hasn't happened yet): And it remains "unhappened."
- Get Clara to sleep in her crib: We're getting slightly closer and plan to really work on it after we get back from our vacation.
- Get up at 6:30 on a regular basis: Nope
- Go to the gym at least three times a week (on a regular basis): Again, nope (although I have a legitimate reason right now that involves my youngest daughter who doesn't seem to want to gain weight).
Put up pictures on the walls in the house (I'm so afraid to put any nails/holes in the walls--it's so final!)Only a few so far, but making progress. Paint a picture on my large canvas that I bought years ago and put up in the kitchen:I'm going to cross this off even though i'm not quite done yet. But I'm close. So i'm going to count it, especially since I haven't been able to cross off that much on here.
- Potty train Dylan: Almost. (I'm beginning to see a pattern here.) (Also, I seem to like parenthesis.) He's definitely close but again, I want to wait until we get back from our vacation to really finish it.
Plant a vegetable garden:Tim did most of the work though. But we have sweet peppers, bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, watermelon and strawberry. We didn't do too much because it was getting too late in the season. But we've still had lots of growth and right now have lots of tomatoes and several bell peppers that are almost ready to be picked and the watermelon plant is growing like crazy! So fun! In a few more weeks we'll start planting the cool season crops.
- Read through the Bible: To be honest, not even close. Really need to work on this area.
Refinish/repaint a piece of furniture:
- Build something, with Tim's help: not yet.
Cook a gourmet meal from start to finish, without Tim's help:Honestly, I probably couldn't call any of it "gourmet" but I have been cooking more and trying a lot more recipes and I have to say, most of them have turned out pretty well. And Tim's only helped most of the time. He's just so much faster than I am and we're usually rushing to feed our starving, cranky children so he swoops in and finishes up. A few times I did do it all myself though.
- Go on a trip with just Tim: Won't be able to do this until I'm done nursing.
- Get my nails done with Kaylin: I've been meaning to do this the last few weekends. Hopefully soon though.
- Write our will: Completely forgot about this one.
- Spend a whole day playing with my kids without cleaning/using the computer/interruptions (and start doing this more): Sadly, not yet.
- Complete the set up of my craft room/office: Nope.
- Start redecorating my bedroom: This changed to redocarate the family room. We've done some, but still a work in progress.
- Redecorate the kid's room: Just don't have the money/energy/time right now.
Start serving at church:Tim's been doing well at this and I'm just starting, but again, i'll be able to do a lot more once Clara's not nursing.
- Figure out a way to serve our community as a family and then start doing it: No; ideas anyone?
- Go on a hike as a family: No
- Take a family portrait: I think this may be in the works, but I would like to lose a bit more weight first. Call me vain, but professional portraits can be expensive and I want to be happy with the way I look after spending a good amount of money and not be afraid to hang it on the wall.
- Get portraits of Clara: Does it count if I do them? No? Okay, we still need to do this.
Visit SLO:I crossed this off because we'll be in slo before my birthday, even though it hasn't happened yet.
I'll have to do another update post in a few more months and see if I can cross off more of these. I blame my kids though. Can't get anything done with them around! ;)