Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Moms

Today I want to mention how thankful I am for other mothers, women who are in a similar stage of life, who can come alongside you with support and understanding, or a word of advice. Because, honestly, it's hard sometimes to be a mother, and no one knows that better than another mother. The reason I wanted to post this is because Tuesday (today) is my Parent's Together class, where moms (and sometimes dads) come together for an hour and a half and share issues and concerns with one another, and give advice when we can. The little ones play and interact, with toys and each other (sometimes), and then we end with songs. It's a fun time to get out of the house and relate to other moms and babies. Having this group has been good since I still don't know too many people in the community, especially moms of young babies.

And it's also been nice having this blog so I can read and share with friends about their lives and parenting and also get and give advice in the process. (Thanks Lara!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am personally so encouraged and proud of you, Al, when I read the concerns of your heart for your little one. I am so thankful for Miss Kaylin's life because I see the huge impact she has made in your life!

Be reminded as you change diapers that:

"It is through the common activities of daily life that God establishes his uncommon kingdom. Whenever we calculate the accounts payable... water the geraniums or snap the lid on a sippy cup, we are doing kingdom work. We are doing kingdom work provided, that is, that we do whatever we do in sumbission to God's rule, for the sake of his royal honor. We are doing kingdom work, not because doing these things will change the world necessarily, but because by doing them we show how God has changed us."

Phillip Ryken, The Prayer of Our Lord

Allison Brown said...

Thanks Kelly! It's good to hear from you. And thanks for the reminder of kingdom work in common activities. It's a good reminder for some of the more hum drum aspects of life.

Larissa said...

You're welcome. Anytime. It was so wonderful for me having friends that had just recently gone through the same thing to recomend books, ideas, and just to encourage me that their kid did the same thing too. I'm glad you found a mom's group to go to. How fun.

Anonymous said...

Hi gals!
It is so fun to see where God has brought us in our lives.
Just wanted to say HI.
Jamie