Tuesday, July 10, 2007

For those of you who didn't know, Kaylin is almost 14 months and completely toothless! I'm excited to say, however, that today I noticed two little "buds" under her bottom gums. She's finally getting her first teeth! We are so excited that she will be able to chew better so that we don't always worry that she's going to choke. And we don't have to worry that there are any developmental issues, which means no xrays! I have no experience with this so I don't know how long it will take before the teeth come all the way up. I hope soon. And I guess this explains the sleep issues at night, the extra fussiness during the day, and all the extra nursing--but regardless I'm just thankful that her teeth are finally making their appearance! (Pictures to follow...when those teeth come all the way up.)

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Hi Allison
You are such a good mommie! Thanks for all the updates.
Miss you
Jamie

Sugar Plum Invitations said...

Yeah! I was just thinking I should touch bases with you to see if Kaylin had gotten her first tooth. It won't be long now.. before you know it the top two teeth will come in:-) It's never too early to start dry brushing her teeth with a washcloth or toddler toothbrush!

Kristen Borland said...

wow! congrats! i've never heard of that. but my sister's son does have some trouble with an extra tooth keeping other ones from coming in (they did have to do x-rays). bizarre!

Allison Brown said...

Thanks Jamie--miss you too! Do you have a blog now? Or just a profile?

Becky, I actually have a question for you. Supposedly I should be giving Kaylin floride supplements since her water doesn't have any. Where can I get such a thing and how important is it for her teeth? Thanks for all your help in this department!