Friday, June 8, 2007

Our little family: in sculpture form

Just got back this sculpture I made for Tim in my sculpture class. I'm excited it's finally done--I started it a few months ago, and I'm pleased with the way it turned out. Although, the glazing is a bit patchy because i didn't put on as many coats as I should have. Oops. And the pants weren't supposed to be so dark either, but that's always a gamble. It's fun to be able to create though, and see a finished product out of what was once only an idea. Hope you are all able to 'let go' and get those creative juices flowing every once and awhile!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Larissa said...

You're taking a sculpture class? How cool. It is amazing and beautiful! Are you taking orders? =)

Allison Brown said...

The sculpture class actually just ended. I wish I could have made more stuff, but it took more than the one class just to finish that one. (I had to pay for a second class just to finish!) It was fun though; good to get out of the house a little bit.