Monday, June 4, 2007

Party #2

"Here I am: I'm ready for my party in my pretty dress!"

The beautiful cake that Tim worked so hard to make just for Kaylin's big day. It turned out amazing (and tasted really good too!).

How Kaylin feels about all the fuss about this cake and birthday business
"Not sure what I think about that; do I even know what it is?" "I'll examine it from this angle and see if I might want to eat it."
"Nah, I'll eat a strawberry instead."
Wonderful friends came up to celebrate with us. Thanks guys for making the trip to see us, that meant a lot!
You can't really tell from the picture, but her shirt says "I won't remember any of this." I thought it was appropriate for the occasion.
Tim and I finally relaxing as the party winded down. (We look tired because we are!)

Lots of fun; wonderful seeing friends and family! And thanks to my parents for hosting Kaylin's second party. And happy birthday to my precious daughter! You have made this last year a delight and filled your dad and me with so much love. We couldn't have hoped for a more wonderful daughter! God has blessed us beyond measure by bringing you into our lives! Happy first birthday!

4 comments:

Larissa said...

I love her birthday dress and her cake! Tim is amazing. How funny that Kaylin wouldn't even try the cake. I guess you can't complain too much. =)

Sugar Plum Invitations said...

Tim did an awesome job on Kaylin's cake. Is it made out of fondant? I love her cute dress. I agree with Lara, at least she doesn't have a sweet tooth! Any sign of her first tooth yet?

Kate said...

so fun! tim... you are amazing. that is a beautiful cake! sorry we couldn't be there. thanks for posting pictures.

Allison Brown said...

Yes, didn't Tim do such a great job with the cake! Too bad she won't remember it. And yes, the top layers are fondant.