Thursday, May 24, 2007

7 Meme

Okay, so a while back Brianna tagged me for this 7 meme thing. And since pretty much everyone I know has been tagged, and those of you I know that weren't wouldn't do it anyway, I'm not going to tag anyone. I'll just give 7 random facts about myself (and these are not in order of importance):

1. I'm a twin. I think most of you know that, but for those of you who don't, I have a fraternal twin and we look nothing alike. We look pretty much opposite of each other, so growing up, and even now, most people didn't believe that we were sisters, let alone twins. I have blonde, stick-straight hair, brown eyes, and very fair skin. She has brown, wavy-curly hair, blue-green eyes and olive skin (which tans so much more than mine--not fair).

2. I can't cook. I'm pretty bad at it, so I guess I was pretty lucky to marry a guy who is a really good cook. Tim cooks most of our meals. I'm still working on learning so he doesn't have to cook as much. But it's hard to want to learn when his food tastes so good!

3. I've always wanted to write children's books. I've always loved to read, and even now, some of my favorite books are books that I read (and still sometimes read) when I was a child and teenager. I have several ideas for kid's books, but have yet to actually start writing. Hopefully soon I'll try to organize my time so that I can start writing.

4. I've wanted to dye my hair dark brown for awhile now. Since I've always been so blonde, a big part of me wants to see what I would look like with dark hair. I think the dark/fair combination can be really pretty, but it'd be a drastic change, so I haven't tried it yet.

5. I get addicted to those competition reality tv shows really easily, so I have to be careful which ones I start watching, cause once I start, most likely I will end up watching the whole season! And I know they're a total waste of time, but there's something so addicting about them. (I'm currently very excited for the new season of 'So You Think You Can Dance?' to start!)

6. I'm a BIG procrastinator! Give me something to do, and guaranteed I will wait till the very last minute to do it. In school, I was always up the whole night trying to finish a project, and in college there was many a time when I didn't finish a paper until 5 minutes before class was starting. I don't know why I am that way, but given something to do that I'm not very excited about doing (like a project/paper) I just can't start it early. I would end up sitting in front of the computer for hours with no ideas, nothing happening. But if I only had a few hours left, my hands would be flying on the keyboard and thoughts would just pour in. I guess maybe I work better under pressure. The only problem is that I never save time for revision. So all the papers in high school and college could've gotten much better grades if I had just given myself more time.

7. I'm shy, but I love to talk! If I'm in a large group of people I don't know very well, I'll be pretty quiet and reserved. But if I'm in a small group of just a few people, even if I don't know them too well, I'll be the one talking. And if I'm one on one, especially with someone I really connect with, I could talk all day.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Allison a brunette! That would be crazy! Maybe then people would believe you when you tell them that you and Karen are twins. =)
I hope you get to write a children's book at some point. I would love to read it Caedra. Can't wait to see you in August!!!