Saturday, May 5, 2007

Figuring things out

Like I titled my blog, I feel like now is a time in my life that I am really trying to figure things out. I haven't posted in awhile because I was trying to figure out what I wanted to say. I have been inspired by others' posts of late, which I feel have opened my mind and heart to several important topics. It's so easy for me to get caught up in my world of family and small community (and myself), especially when I spend most days inside with my daughter. I catch the news on t.v. and online, but in reality, my world has become small. I forget that millions are hurting, and that I could do something about that, even in just a small way. (And that's another thing that I'm trying to find some direction in.) How does the Lord want me to use my time and energy? I'm here for a purpose; there's a reason that God created me and put me here, and for a long time, I have felt that I am not fully living up to my purpose. (Does that make sense?) I look at my daughter and I know that she is a big part of my purpose, as is being a good wife to Tim, but I feel that there must be more. Like the topic of Kate's post, I feel too that Tim and I are in transition and I'm just praying that the Lord will start revealing his plans for us. I know there's a reason that we are in Davis right now, I'm just waiting to see what it is. The world is so much bigger than just myself and my family, and that is easy to forget. I feel like I am rambling, and I'm still trying to piece everything together in my head. But I wanted to share what was on my heart, especially after several similar post topics.

No comments: