Sunday, May 13, 2007

Invitations


I finally finished Kaylin's birthday invitations; they're nothing special, but since it took me so long to make them (partly because I'm constantly chasing after a baby), I wanted to show them off. We decided not to do a particular theme for her party, so I just went to Michaels (I love that place!), found some blank card stock in a color I liked, some ribbons and matching buttons, and just went from there. It's funny how even the simplest creations can take a lot of work! It was fun though, and I realized I missed being creative! Creativity is releasing and energizing to me at the same time. I love it, just wish it were came more easily to me and that I had a little more time for it. What are some hobbies that you guys enjoy?

3 comments:

Larissa said...

They are beautiful. You are so creative!

Brianna Heldt said...

Those invitations are wonderful! How cute!

Honestly I don't really have any hobbies these days. I look forward to the kids being a little older when I feel like I have some breathing room to pursue a creative activity.

Kevin Heldt said...

Great poem! I love a good, clever rhyme.