Tuesday, October 14, 2008

To my firstborn

Since these are the last few days I will have with just my little girl, I wanted to do a tribute to her, to my first born. Here's a little montage of pictures of her young life, just to show her off. She's grown fast and I cherish all the memories I have with her. I hope the times we spent together are meaningful to her as well, but I know she won't remember them very clearly as time goes on. She's a sweet little girl, so full of life and energy, always with a smile on her face. She's gotten extra cuddly lately, which I love, because she never used to do much of that. Maybe she's more aware of the upcoming changes than I realize. I have learned so much from her, how to be a mother, what to do right and what to do wrong. She's taught me how to be young again, how to imagine and create. It makes me a bit sad to realize this season with just my little girl is coming to an end, but I know we will still have great adventures ahead. I want to make sure that I spend time with just her every once in awhile so she still knows how precious she is and how much I love her. Here's to you, sweet pea! And thanks for being such a wonderful first child!































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allison, she is just the cutest thing ever!!! Congratulations on your little boy, I'm sure everything will go smoothly and from what I've heard it's so much fun to see the first interacting with the second. Can't wait to see photos of your little guy:).
Michelle (from Cal Poly)

Kate said...

so so sweet! I rmember feeling the same way right before CHarlotte was born. Oh our firstborns, how they capture our hearts!

Melissa said...

What a sweetheart! Kinda made me tear up reading it and seeing the pictures. She's gonna be an amazing big sister!